Many small business owners are asking the above questions, as they look for ways to improve their business and, in this article, we take a look at what a custom-designed mobile app can do for your business.
- Create a direct digital marketing link with your customers – A mobile app can be a direct link to your customers and you can deliver hi-res ad content to their screens. Research shows that users do look at content that is delivered by a mobile app, which is one of the main reasons why small business owners decide to design and build an app for their company. If you would like to learn more about mobile apps, talk to app developers in Sydney about designing and building a mobile app for your company.
- Secure payment gateways – The more payment options your customers have, the better and the great thing about mobile apps is there are no limits to what you can add with regards to payment gateways. The app developer incorporates cyber-security into the product, ensuring that the customers’ financial data is safe from hackers.
- Boost your company image – Not that many small businesses are using mobile apps, so when you invite your customers to download the app, they will be impressed. The many powerful features ensure that customers will appreciate your forward-looking attitude and you will be regarded as a trendsetter, not a follower. Click here for a wide range of business articles.
- Streamline business processes – There are many ways that a mobile app can streamline a company’s processes and eliminate double handling. The best way forward is to make contact with a leading app developer and let them show you some of the ways an app can streamline your organisation.
- Customer support – When you design an app, you can add a section for customer support, which can be added to at any time. If, for example, you sell many products, you can have a section that contains all the product user manuals that customers can download, which takes the pressure from your servicing department.
- Keep everyone on the same page – Real-time data keeps all players (including customers) informed, with all employees using the latest version, there will be no misunderstandings. When you approach a mobile app developer, they carry out a needs assessment and get to know your business inside out. You would have several meetings with the development to agree on details and the end result is an app that is designed around your organisation.
- Promotional content – You can use your mobile app for many things, especially delivering promotional content to your customers’ screens. Loyalty bonus programs and referral campaigns are designed to boost customer retention and with a developer who is always ready to deliver content, you have a solid connection with your client base.
The design and build process
When you make an enquiry with a leading Australian app developer, they start by investigating your business and getting to know what it is that you do. This would lead to the creation of a project proposal and should you approve, the next stage is to sit down with the development team, which is when details are agreed upon.
A digital storyboard shows the customer how the app would look, with a digital image for each interface feature. This enables the customer to clearly see how the app will look and changes can be made at this stage. Some features might not be used at the outset, rather a note would be made to add the feature at some time in the future.
Once the app is ready, a series of tests would be carried out; bugs are typically found and these are dealt with prior to launching the app. This might take a week or longer, depending on the depth of testing and only when the development team are satisfied, is the app uploaded to Play Store.
Android & iOS
Both platforms are important; iOS is the Apple device language, so you will need both Android and iOS versions.
Talk to one of the best mobile app developers in Australia about the potential benefits a mobile app can bring to your company.