Building or developing a product/software is not an easy task as it requires a lot of resources, expertise, and experienced tech talent. Therefore, it is no surprise that companies are often in a dilemma regarding who constitutes their workforce. When building or developing a product/software, some companies might work with their full-time in-house developers, while others might hire offshore developers.
Offshore development involves delegating or outsourcing your project to another development team or specialized company based in another country. Offshore development teams/companies offer project management, SaaS development, product design, e-commerce, etc.
There are many factors to be considered before deciding to develop a product/software in-house or through the services of offshore developers. Both methods have their pros and cons. However, many companies employ offshore developers’ services for their product/software development. Why? In this article, we will be discussing reasons to hire offshore developers and how it benefits you.
The following are ten reasons why you may choose to employ the services of offshore developers:
- Cost: The cost of product/software development is one of the major reasons why companies outsource to offshore developers. Sometimes, the resources needed might not be enough; therefore, you must seize every opportunity to lower development costs. It is common knowledge that developers in other regions charge less than those in the US or Europe regions, which does not compromise the quality of the project. In addition, hiring offshore developers saves you some expenses such as office rent, insurance, salaries, etc.
- Restriction to talents: Interviewing, screening, and recruiting developers for in-house product development might be a bit of a hassle and take a lot of time. Even worse, you might not find the most qualified talents for the desired roles due to location restrictions. However, hiring offshore developers gives you access to the most talented and skilled developers from different countries.
- Deadlines: The aim of building or developing a product/software, in the end, is to release it to the public for users; therefore, you must consider time because of competition. If you do not already have a team, it will take a lot of time to recruit enough developers to work on the project and deliver it in time for the release. However, you do not have to worry about these when hiring offshore developers.
- Efficiency: Knowing how to find remote developers is very important. That is because when you hire talented offshore developers, you do not have to worry about the quality of your project. Offshore developers possess many skills and experience and provide specialized services. Your project matters to offshore developers as much as it matters to you because it tells on their skills and expertise. Consequently, you might pay less for the same or even higher quality.
- Globalization: When you hire offshore developers, you increase your business reach. It encourages the trading and sharing ideas, concepts, and products from your country to the offshoring company and vice-versa. Also, the time zone difference ensures that work is ongoing at all times.
- Availability: When your team of developers is already too busy with other important tasks, or you have a shortage of human resources, hiring a team of offshore developers is advisable. That ensures that your team’s productivity does not drop, saves you time, and ensures that the quality of all your projects is consistent in the end.
- Flexibility: Flexibility is one of the problems encountered while building or developing a project/software. Shortage of personnel would affect the project; therefore, you must modify and scale your team quickly when needed. You can achieve this by hiring offshore developers according to the project’s needs. That saves you the cost of recruiting more permanent developers.
- Access to the latest technology: As a startup or small business, you might not have access to the latest technologies because of funds. However, being specialists, offshore developers invest in these tools and technologies to improve their services. Hiring offshore developers would give you access to the latest technologies needed for your project.
- Business scaling: For your company to be successful, you have to scale your business; however, having a fully functional in-house team can hinder this because it increases your expenses. However, hiring a team of offshore developers is guaranteed to help you scale your business.
- Short-term projects: Recruiting extra team members because of short-term projects will increase your budget unnecessarily since such projects are only temporary. In such situations, hiring offshore developers is the best thing to do.