If you are wondering whether you should use the electronic pressure regulators then you need to take some time and read this post. In this article we are going to discuss some of the important features of electronic pressure regulators which make it a desirable device. Today electro pneumatic regulator devices are used in both households and in the commercial industry. If you have no clue about the purpose of electronic pressure regulators then you need to read the next section.
First of all, you should know that the main purpose of an electronic pressure regulator is to control the pressure of fluids, gasses, or steam in a pneumatic system. Pressure regulation is very important in order to get a selective output from the machine. You can see the use of electronic pressure control in home appliances, medical equipment and also in big industries. The most important thing that you need to consider here is choosing the right size of the regulator.
If you choose a larger pressure regulator than your system then it is going to result in wastage of energy and the air/fluid usage would also increase. This is why experts recommend that one should only use ideal sized electronic pressure controllers which align best with the pneumatic automation system.
The things you need to consider while selecting an electronic pressure regulator include:
- You need to consider the operating input and output pressure
- You need to check out the maximum flow requirements
- You need to check requirements of pneumatic valve accessories
- You have to check which material is most compatible with the regulator
- Port type, knob style and also important features you need to consider
Electronic pressure regulators are famous for a wide range of features and benefits they offer! Some of them are mentioned below!
Features of the best electronic proportional air regulators!
- First of all you should know that electronic pressure regulators come in different shapes, sizes and styles. You can easily find the regulator that satisfies your requirements and application.
- In the pressure regulators you can easily find the swivel ports which are considered to be very important for accurate and critical alignment.
- One of the best things we like about the digital pressure regulators is that they are anodized and are properly plated to prevent any corrosion.
- You can easily get direct gauge mount to output in the latest version of the electronic pressure regulator for water or other fluids. With the manual regulators it is close to impossible to check or maintain the direct pressure of gas or liquids. This is why it is best that you use the electronic pressure regulators.
- Digital pressure regulators can be purchased quite easily as they are cheap. Also know that they are very easy to maintain. They don’t need much repairs or upgrades.In the past you had to rely on the mechanical regulators. These devices were expensive and the important thing was that they had a short work life and you had to regularly change them.
Other than these there are many more features of the Electronic pressure regulator which you would know about once you start using them. The two major types of pressure regulators are direct acting pressure regulators and pilot operated pressure reducing regulators! You have to pick the one which suits your application!
Why should you choose electronic pressure regulators?
There are many reasons as to why you should switch to these digital devices. Some of them are discussed below:
- First thing is that the electric pressure regulators are far more solid and robust than the old mechanical devices. These gadgets cannot break easily and you would be surprised to know that they have a life of over forty years. So getting these regulators is a one time investment.
- You don’t have to worry about manually changing and monitoring the pressure in a pneumatic system or a cylinder. The digital pressure regulators can easily maintain the output pressure of the system even if the internal pressure is not stable. If you want accurate, even and equal distribution of pressure then your best shot is with the electronic pressure regulators. You just have to set your desired pressure output on the digital board and sit back! The device can maintain the pressure on the basis of signals.
- Another reason to use the electronic pressure regulator is that it can reduce chances of losses and leakage. When you are managing or reducing high pressure gas or liquid then you must know that there is a chance of leakage if the regulator you are using is not strong. But if you pick the digital tools then you don’t have to worry about any loss. You can see that one of the major applications of these regulators is in leak testing!
- And lastly you must pick the electronic regulators because they are easy to use. The technology used in them makes the work of the user simple and straightforward. You don’t need to get into any hassle to maintain the pressure of any medium anymore!
These are some of the reasons as for why it is important that you use the modern pressure regulators instead of the old mechanical ones!