If you’re looking out for a new streaming device, then an Amazon Fire TV Stick is an ideal option. However, it is essential to know a few things before purchasing it. This way, you can decide whether it is suitable for you or not.
So, without further ado, let’s check out the five facts you need to know before buying the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
1. Don’t Get Confused Between Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
First of all, know that Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are two separate devices. The products from the Amazon line have the term ‘Fire’ in them. Therefore, you’ll find Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Fire TV Stick, and many more.
The Fire TV is more on the expensive end, as it comes with various features. On the other hand, the Fire TV Stick is a streaming device that comes at a lower cost. However, the features are still quite a lot.
2. Most Apps Are Free to Download But Require Subscription
You may already know that the Amazon Fire TV Stick consists of several apps. Moreover, most of them are free to download. But, you need to note that even though the apps are free to install, all of them require a subscription.
For instance, you will have to opt for a monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription for streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. Therefore, don’t expect that everything is free to watch once you’ve purchased the Fire TV stick.
But, there are a few tips and tricks that can allow you to watch content for free or even make the most of your device. You can learn more about them on the FirestickTricks blog.
3. Proper Internet Connection Is Required To Stream On Fire TV Stick
Unlike cable TV, a strong and proper internet connection or WiFi is a prerequisite when it comes to the Fire TV Stick. Keep in mind that the Fire TV Stick doesn’t have an Ethernet port, so you cannot connect your device to that.
Instead, you require strong WiFi with enough data to stream content. For example, standard definition video streaming requires 3 MBPS and high definition video streaming requires 5 MBPS. So, even your mobile’s hotspot won’t be sufficient enough.
In all, ensure that you have a proper WiFi connection with enough data if you’re planning to buy a Fire TV Stick.
4. HDMI Port Is a Prerequisite
If you’re buying an Amazon Fire TV Stick for your device, always check for an HDMI port. Most televisions today have an HDMI port, so chances are that your TV might as well too.
But, if your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, there is no way to connect your Fire TV Stick to it. You can choose to look out for ways to build an HDMI port into your TV, but it’s definitely going to take time and effort.
Therefore, only opt for a Fire TV Stick if your television has a proper HDMI port.
5. There Are Different Types of Fire TV Sticks Available
If you’re scouring the Internet to purchase a Fire TV Stick, you may have found various available options. Given below is a brief summary of the different types of Fire TV Sticks:
- Fire TV Stick Lite: It is the cheapest option available. However, the remote can only control the Fire TV Stick, and not the TV/peripherals.
- Fire TV Stick HD: It offers HD viewing, with an advanced remote. The remote allows you to control your TV options, contains more navigation buttons, along with Alexa availability.
- Fire TV Stick 4K: It offers 4K ultra HD picture quality, along with a features-filled remote.
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max: It offers WiFi-6 support, along with 4K ultra HD picture quality.
Depending on your budget and requirements, you can opt for either of the above Fire TV Sticks.
As long as you have a good enough WiFi connection and an HDMI port, an Amazon Fire TV Stick becomes an excellent option to consider. However, note that even though the apps are free, you will have to pay subscription charges for a few.
Visit the rest of the site Techviral for more useful and informative articles!Thanks.